Hello, foundation!

Indeed it is, thank you – but it’s hard to update with new information. It’d be lovely to have a wiki somewhere, where we can have a single, easily updated, guide.

Simon

image001.jpg

P.S. One nice thing about Discourse is the ability to split a thread into a new topic, which eases the worry of trailing off topic.

Interesting! I had no idea. How would one find out about that?

Simon

image001.jpg

2 Likes

There are instructions here, but apparently you gotta create the post first? https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-move-posts-to-a-new-topic/23930/24

€: can’t seem to find it :frowning:

You can click the little arrow symbol on the top left of the edit panel that pops up:

And then reply as linked topic:

2 Likes

Users (mods?) with sufficient privileges can also retroactively split a subtree into a separate post.

1 Like

To be honest, I have no idea short of word-of-mouth. I learned about it from an admin and moderator for another Discourse instance (where I also happen to be a mod, although not an active one).

I do know that Discourse’s philosophy is one of gradual discovery. As a user interacts with the site, they unlock additional features. This feature discovery path can be tweaked by admins, along with just about everything else on the site.

I’d certainly recommend that the Haskell Foundation invest in administrating and moderating the forum!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I don’t know where to start, so I’m saying “hi” here (I know the thread is a little bit old but I didn’t find better place).

Thanks for all for what all of you do :+1:

I don’t know if I will be able to help in any way but if can it will be my pleasure.

See y’a in space haskellers :rocket:

3 Likes