How can I get in touch with Stan maintainers?

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the Stan maintainers?

Stan is a static analysis tool for Haskell. Its maintainers seem to have stopped supporting it after the GHC 8.x series because the GHC API changed too frequently for them to want to keep making adjustments.

Last year I did quite a lot of work to bring Stan and its dependencies up to 9.4. I made a PR to the Stan Github repo last month:

I haven’t heard anything from the maintainers.

The only maintainer I know of is Veronika Romashkina. I’ve sent her a private email about this but had no response. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with Veronika or another Stan maintainer, if there is one?

I would be willing to be a comaintainer for Stan and the rest of the Kowainik ecosystem (if only to make sure they continue to work with future GHCs).

Thanks,

Tom

8 Likes

I’ve had a similar experience with trying to contribute to Kowainik packages (but I haven’t tried a private e-mail yet). I think the only remaining option is a fork or package takeover.

5 Likes

@ChShersh 's name is also mentioned in the README. Maybe they know how to get in touch with the maintainers? :woman_shrugging:

I already tried asking him, but he has stepped down from all Kowainik packages:

1 Like

@tomjaguarpaw why would not you initiate a takeover? This is a standard procedure.

2 Likes

Ultimately I will, but I’d prefer to make all reasonable efforts to contact the maintainers first, and hopefully become a maintainer with their good will.

3 Likes

Having watched this play out over the course of a full year with some interest, I think I can say with some confidence that you’ve done your due diligence and you should consider yourself at liberty to initiate a takeover or just fork it at this point.

8 Likes

You might consider adding Stan to the Haskell Github Trust.

I sent you an ownership invitation @tomjaguarpaw in case you decide that you want to do that.

1 Like