RFC: Haskell-in-Production Experience Reports

Update number two: you can now investigate the first mostly-complete and imaginary experience report at GitHub - santiweight/haskell-experience-reports: Tales of Haskell in production. It would be great if anyone could comment their impressions; note there are also comments and thoughts in the markdown comments (not visible in a renderer).

2 Likes

I love the idea of doing a “dummy run” to flesh out the structure of these before doing real ones!

2 Likes

Serokell has something similar that they’ve been doing for a while - I do think there’s still room for both, especially the standardized format I’m shooting for, which could aid data-collection.

The Haskell developers at Caribou would be interested in contributing to an experience report.

I want to bring up some general themes we would be interested in speaking about in case that might be useful for considering:

• How hiring has been one of our main advantages of using Haskell
  • Event Sourcing and CQRS using Haskell (briefly not in depth)
  • Opportunity: Greenfield projects enabled us to use a different tech stack
  • Potential flag by others was the lack of library support and how we haven’t found that to be a major issue
  • Our current numbers, the potential to grow, and experience advocating Haskell to other Engineers
1 Like

Hey thanks for the response! I am actually revitalizing this effort after some covid :slight_smile:

You can check out the GitHub:

I am actually looking for volunteers again. I had a volunteer before, but unfortunately since I had to take time away, they are now delayed themselves. Anyone else interested please do message me!

1 Like