The main motivation of this release is making it compatible with the new binary distribution of HLS, which is upcoming soon and will be a dynamically linked distribution. Also see https://github.com/haskell/haskell-language-server/issues/2739.
There are some new features and bugfixes too.
Or follow https://www.haskell.org/ghcup/ if you haven’t installed yet.
ghcup runsubcommand wrt #137
- Support installation of dynamic HLS bindists wrt HLS #2675 and #237
- Fix XDG support when
~/.local/binis a symlink wrt #311
- Add support for quilt-style patches wrt #230, by James Hobson
- Fix redundant upgrade warnings in
ghcup whereis ghcfor non-standard versions wrt #289
- Don’t print logs to stdout, but stderr
- Allow unpacking legacy lzma archives wrt #307
- Allow to disable self-upgrade functionality wrt #305
ghcup install ghc --setwhen ghc is already installed wrt #291
Before asking questions, consider reading the FAQ.