Fork of archived `connection` (a.k.a. `hs-connection`) library

Are there any up-to-date forks of connection? The original repo is archived.

It would be great to update a higher TLS dependency: tls: TLS/SSL protocol native implementation (Server and Client)

If there is an up-to-date fork, I will request the home page on Hackage be redirected there.

Thanks, and thank you to the original author Vincent Hanquez

The Network Graph: Network Graph · vincenthz/hs-connection · GitHub

@JonathanLorimer , @nikita-volkov , I noticed you are working on this library recently.
Should I request the archived repo be moved to Haskell · GitHub ?

I have also asked the author of another fork for input here: seeking feedback on maintenance of original `connection` library · Issue #1 · kazu-yamamoto/crypton-connection · GitHub

Per this feedback seeking feedback on maintenance of original `connection` library · Issue #1 · kazu-yamamoto/crypton-connection · GitHub I think it is easier to simply use crypton-connection: crypton-connection: Simple and easy network connections API

Most packages on Stackage have been migrating to crypton-connection indeed: migrate to crypton-connection · Issue #6997 · commercialhaskell/stackage · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning, but I’m no longer interested.

1 Like

I forget why I put up a PR (which I just realize was closed), but the intention of the PR was to do exactly what crypton-connection has done (namely switch to crypton based x509 libraries). So we should probably all just use that. I’d be happy to be involved in an initiative to upgrade a bunch of ecosystem libraries to use crypton-connection, if someone has a list of those.

There is a list of packages that needed updating (the list is no longer updated though) in Stackage: migrate to crypton-connection · Issue #6997 · commercialhaskell/stackage · GitHub

1 Like