The GHC developers are happy to announce the availability of GHC 9.4.7.
Binary distributions, source distributions, and documentation are
The GHC developers are happy to announce the availability of GHC 9.4.7. Binary
distributions, source distributions, and documentation are available at
This release is primarily a bugfix release addressing some issues
found in 9.4.6. These include:
- A bump to bytestring-0.11.5.2 allowing GHC to be bootstrapped on
systems where the bootstrap compiler is built with the
symbol available (#23789).
- A number of bug fixes for scoping bugs in the specialiser, preventing
simplifier panics (#21391, #21689, #21828, #23762).
- Distributing dynamically linked alpine bindists (#23349, #23828).
- A bug fix for the release notes syntax, allowing them to built on
systems with older python and sphinx versions (#23807, #23818).
- … and a few more. See the release notes for a full accounting.
We would like to thank Microsoft Azure, GitHub, IOG, the Zw3rk stake pool,
Well-Typed, Tweag I/O, Serokell, Equinix, SimSpace, Haskell Foundation, and
other anonymous contributors whose on-going financial and in-kind support has
facilitated GHC maintenance and release management over the years. Finally,
this release would not have been possible without the hundreds of open-source
contributors whose work comprise this release.
As always, do give this release a try and open a ticket if you see