Haskell on Codeberg

I have created a haskell organisation on Codeberg. If you’d like to join please create an issue here and then you should be able to migrate a project over. You can also, of course, host Haskell projects in your personal namespace on Codeberg.

The idea is that it could fulfill a similar role to the haskell org on GitHub for those wishing to move away from that increasingly unstable platform.

Note that Codeberg has a policy against LLMs and crypto projects so it isn’t the right home for all projects.

27 Likes

GHCup has moved: https://codeberg.org/haskell/ghcup-hs

16 Likes

GHCup-GTK has moved: https://codeberg.org/haskell/ghcup-gtk

14 Likes

I’ve already set up my own primary hosting after fleeing Github, but Codeberg looks like it an appropriate secondary mirror. I’m never going to use a hub as the primary repository host ever again, though. Microsoft bought Github and bet the house that people wouldn’t want to deal with the hassle of changing all their links and remotes, but it looks like that bet fell flat.

3 Likes

Yeah. My plan is to migrate my own CI to woodpecker (self-hosted) and then stick to whatever forge doesn’t currently s**k.

For issue tracking I want something that has relatively low barrier of entry. After all, I want to receive issues. Spreading issue trackers across multiple forges is meh and enabling sign-up for my self-hosted instance is also a no-no.

3 Likes

More fragmentation, yay.

8 Likes

You gotta be kidding. Codeberg is barely breathing at times, and then it takes a scheduled maintenance or something.

I appreciate divesting from GitHub, but the idea is unsound as stated.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to start any debates here. There’s lots of reasons people want to host code in diverse places.

I just posted here because people asked about moving projects there and I wanted to more broadly broadcast this option

13 Likes

I get that and support that. This just reminded me how people went “abolish the silos, move to fediverse” and everyone ended up on mastodon.social that was badly overloaded already.

1 Like

git is a decentralized vcs :smirking_face:

1 Like

Only 16 out of the 123 people I follow are from mastodon.social.

5 Likes

I just saw this pop by on my mastodon feed: GitSocial

6 Likes