Haskell Stack - can't compile with -dynamic

Sorry for the newbie question. I’m trying to follow an online course and learn Haskell. Having difficulty with compiling even hello-world apps if I use the -dynamic flag. Works fine without -dynamic. I think the key error is:

Perhaps you haven’t installed the “dyn” libraries for package `base-4.13.0.0’?

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling Stack a number of times, and various attempts to download GHC in other ways, with no luck.

Windows10
Stack 2.3.3

Unfortunately, dynamic linking on windows is currently not supported. Is there any reason why this is required for your project? Maybe there are alternative solutions.

Thank you. There’s no particular reason I need it, except the instructor of the course keeps mentioning that it is important and best practice to avoid compiling large executables. I was just frustrated I couldn’t follow along. Thanks again.

the instructor of the course keeps mentioning that it is important and best practice to avoid compiling large executables

Strange advice… I can accept that it would reduce executable size, but I have never seen -dynamic being recommended as ‘best practice’. (And, as you can see, -dynamic isn’t even particularly well-supported!)