London Haskell Meetup

Calling all Londoners (and people who can get to London)!

On Thursday 15th of October, we will be running a pair of talks at the Artificial office.

If you’re interested, sign up to the event! There are more details in the event link.

If you’re interested in submitting a talk, please use the form. If you have any questions, please email us at london.haskell.meetup [AT] gmail.com.

NOTE: in future, I’ll post further event notifications to this thread

The Talks

How I Use Haskell for 3D Printing

by Joe Warren

“Programmable CAD” is a category of software where objects are defined using code.

This talk covers

  • How I’ve used programmable CAD to design parts for 3D printing
  • Why I think Functional Languages are uniquely suited for programmable CAD
  • Why I decided to write a programmable CAD framework
  • Why this lead me to explore the GHC Web Assembly backend
  • And how the Scala Logo lead me to decorate a Christmas tree

Lazy Streams with Constant-Time Access

by Andrew Lelechenko

We discuss a data structure for lazy infinite compact streams with cache-friendly O(1) indexing and its applications to memoization, dynamic programming, cellular automata and recursive functions.

Other discussion links

7 Likes

Very cool that you guys will have a talk about Haskell for 3d printing. Waterfall CAD is very nice and I think it deserves more attention.