Moderation policies on job postings

There it is:

correct: I for one can envisage such “one-off” posts of criticism being delegated to a suitably-programmed Discourse bot.

1 Like

Let me leave you with some food for thought - what, for you, is meant by “Haskell”? Do you think that it must necessarily be the same for me? For anyone? Do you think a definition must only include technical papers and ideas? Form where do those technical ideas come? What enables though activities? Who had the luck/privileges to be involved? Could things be different? Who is missing out because of the above considerations?

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

The original intent of the author of this thread was to get clarity about the moderation policy regarding job posts. We had a lot of inputs and a good discussion here, discussed the issue internally, and stated how we want to proceed going forward.

But now the discussion seems to be running a bit hot, and we are seeing that the discussion becomes less productive over time. I have now enabled slow mode which hopefully cools down everything a bit. I will also start to hide some posts which we don’t consider to be pushing a constructive discussion forward.

Regards, David

8 Likes

Can you expand on what you consider “criticism”? Does personal opinion or false information fall under that category? How do you decide on that?

Reputable news articles, a reasoned opinion, a post detailing someone’s experience working with Team X etc. can all be valid form of criticism.

Common sense should lead the way: an anonymous tweet won’t cut it.

5 Likes