PSA: every version of `ki` prior to `1.0.1.2` has at least one known bug

To all ki users (obligatory “there are dozens of us”) – @ocharles has recently reported a bug that’s now fixed in 1.0.1.2. That leaves 1.0.1.2 as the only version released to date that is not known to contain any bugs. Please update accordingly!

To all non-ki users, ki is a small structured concurrency library that can simplify many expressions of concurrent programs. You might prefer its API to that offered by async. I encourage you to read the source code as well, if you are new to Haskell and want to see some examples of working with GHC primitives such as asynchronous exception masking/delivery and STM.

Hackage link: ki: A lightweight structured concurrency library

That is all! Toodles.

10 Likes

Big thanks for getting this fix out so quickly! I’ve been a big fan of Ki since it was announced and it’s been rock solid up to this point. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I didn’t know about structured concurrency, and it looks a lot more like how I would’ve wanted to write a small concurrent project of mine (passing scopes and automagical exception propagation seems excellent). Another library on the keep-in-mind list.

2 Likes