Release: stan, extending support to GHC 9.6

I’m pleased to announce an even newer release of stan, a static analysis tool for Haskell. This release extends last week’s release by adding support for 9.6, extending the supported range to 8.8-9.6.

About stan

Stan is a command-line tool for analysing Haskell projects. It discovers which parts of the code can potentially be improved, and offers suggestions on how to do so. Read more about stan in its README.

Installation

I recommend obtaining stan from Hackage by following the installation instructions in the README.

Help wanted

stan lacks active maintainers and is currently in essential maintainance only mode. I am helping out to make sure stan can continue to build with newer GHCs. I would welcome assistance, particularly on the following issues:

• Supporting GHC 9.8
  • Prospective support for GHC 9.10
  • Fixing caching on Github Actions

If you would like to contribute to Stan please create an issue on the Github repository.

[1] Some point releases are excluded because the GHC API doesn’t seem to provide enough type information, notably the later releases in the 9.2 series.

17 Likes

And now stan supports GHC 9.8!

(I didn’t think it was worth making a new post just for this announcement, but wanted to make people aware.)

10 Likes