RFC: a new simple-dsp library

Hello folks,

As discussed at the last ZuriHac, I put together a new digital signal processing library. The project comes with a SDL based player featuring a dear-imgui user interface: https://github.com/TristanCacqueray/simple-dsp.

I’d like to integrate this work with animation-fractal, the implementation seems to work but I’d be stocked if someone more experienced take a look before I make a release on Hackage.

Cheers,
-Tristan

7 Likes

oh wow, that’s a nice usecase of dear-imgui! Anything you learned the hard way while using this library?

Thanks! dear-imgui is great, I love it. Handling the combo id (and most other things) requires reading the upstream source and I wrote a post about it here: Incredibly Magic Graphics User Interface – Tristan's Zettelkasten

The window creation part can be a bit distracting, so I also started a wrapper named simple-dear-imgui, but that’s a story for another day!

2 Likes

After reading 11. Hints — Glasgow Haskell Compiler 9.8.2 User's Guide I have a couple of questions:

• Don’t use Floats seems to suggest that Doubles are always better on 64bit systems, but FloatRep does say 32-bit floating point number, which is what I get after decoding the audio.
  • Use unboxed arrays suggests to use Data.Array.Unboxed, but that doesn’t seem possible for foreign data where after reading the decoded bytes I use unsafeFrom to cast the bytestring into the correct type. Though, is it worthy to replace Data.Vector.Storable with Data.Array.Storable ?
1 Like