Secure and Efficient Scripting

Hi all! I’ve been working on a project related to scripting in the gaming world, specifically in Roblox. My tool, DeltaExploit, focuses on executing custom scripts within the game environment. While exploit development is often associated with traditional scripting languages like Lua, I’ve been exploring the possibilities of leveraging Haskell to ensure that the backend is both efficient and secure.

Functional programming, with its immutability and statelessness, presents some interesting advantages in exploit development. For instance, I’m experimenting with Haskell for managing certain backend processes to avoid issues like state-related bugs or concurrency mishandling. Has anyone here used Haskell for similar applications or in environments where performance and security are critical? I’d love to hear your thoughts on applying Haskell in this space and exchange ideas!

7 Likes

That’s an interesting application domain!

Haskell has a great concurrency and testing story:

1 Like

Andrew McMiddlin - Appetite for Dysfunction
In this talk, Andrew property-tests Wordpress using hedgehog, by having the tests spin up and tear down virtual machines.

3 Likes