Hello, time for a monthly log.
September was a slow month due to a lingering cold and bad brain times. The majority of my time was spent following up from the disk outage on gitlab.haskell.org. The server is still using alternate disks; I wrote up a plan for swapping back to the primary disks. The first step of the plan is to recreate the storage pool and pre-sync data to the primary disks. That’s been done as well.
Besides the disk situation, I worked on transferring some domain names over to the Haskell Foundation. Details to follow once that’s finalized.
Following the Cabal-3.18 release, which is incompatible with all released versions of Stack, I upgraded all-cabal-tool to support it. This is pretty deep behind-the-scenes machinery, but suffice to say that Nixpkgs and other consumers of all-cabal-hashes won’t be gummed up by any package that decides to start using the new version of Cabal. A win for my auto-upgrade machinery!
Coming up, my list still looks similar to the list from August: see the disk saga to completion, stabilize the Wiki (though it’s been doing better on its own the last few weeks), etc. etc.
See ya!