Thank you to Jeffrey Young and IOG for creating and supporting the Optimization Handbook

I’d like to publicly thank @doyougnu for his ongoing work on the Haskell Optimization Handbook. His employer, IOG, has supported this work the whole way through. While the started at IOG, it’s always been the intention that it will be a community resource.

Today, IOG transferred the repository to the Haskell Foundation on GitHub to signal the continuing commitment to it being a resource for all of us. This is not an end to their support - @doyougnu will continue working on it as before. I just wanted to acknowledge another great contribution to the community from IOG, who the HF is very happy to have as a sponsor and collaborator.

31 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this with much anticipation!
Glad to see it’s finally “released” :smiley:

1 Like

Oof I don’t know if I would use the word “released”, most of the chapters are still yet to be written :wink: once I have a feature complete draft I’ll define releases based on community feedback and edits.

Until then we wanted the book to always be open and welcoming to the community per the hf-proposal. So if anyone has an idea on a chapter or wants to make an edit, please don’t hesitate to open an issue. The goal is to have a valuable, high quality, and useful resource for the Haskell community, and that is more achievable with community input than without.

5 Likes

Oof I don’t know if I would use the word “released”, most of the chapters are still yet to be written :wink: once I have a feature complete draft I’ll define releases based on community feedback and edits.

Exactly why I put quotes around “released” :+1:
Doesn’t take away from my excitement :smiley: