ZuriHac 2024 takes place 8-10 June, registration now open

Hi Friends of Haskell,

It is our pleasure to announce that ZuriHac 2024 will take place Saturday 8 June - Monday 10 June 2024 as a physical event at the Rapperswil-Jona campus of the OST Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences.

The focus of ZuriHac is being a community event and hackathon, but we will also have some exciting keynotes from Ningning Xie, Alex McLean, Ivan Perez and Mary Sheeran. In addition to that, there will be some more hands-on content: Well-Typed will host a workshop, Jesper Cockx will host an Agda track and Manuel Bärenz will host an FRP Track.

We also welcome beginners or people unfamiliar to Haskell who are curious to learn more. Eliane Schmidli will teach a beginners workshop, and there will be many mentors from the Haskell Community happy to answer all your questions.

Two days prior to ZuriHac, the Haskell Foundation and OST will organize a co-located 2-day Haskell Infrastructure Workshop. More details about that will be announced soon.

You can find more information about the event and register at https://zurihac.info.

The event is free for participants. This is only possible with the help of our generous supporters, who are currently:

• The Haskell Foundation
  • Jane Street
  • OST Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences
  • Tweag
  • Well-Typed

In case you would like to support ZuriHac, please get in touch with us.

We hope to see you there!
The Zurich Friends of Haskell

23 Likes

When does registration close? I can’t find that information on the website.

1 Like

It closes when we’re full (500), but historically it’s been possible for everyone who wants to register up until end of May-ish.

2 Likes

Jane Street is a Haskell shop now? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Maybe @rae has been able to convince the powers that be.

2 Likes

They also sponsored the Summer of Haskell 2023

1 Like

If there will be a workshop leading up to ZuriHac, what are the dates for it? I just booked a room at the youth hostel from the 6th and I am worried that I’ll arrive too late for the workshop.

Thanks for organizing, see you soon!

EDIT: Answered: Haskell Ecosystem Workshop @ Zurihac

3 Likes