Anduril Industries is Hiring

Anduril Industries is once again hiring Haskell engineers to work on electromagnetic warfare products. This is a unique opportunity to use Haskell to implement high performance applications in an embedded setting. Anduril has adopted Nix at large and we use IOG’s generously maintained Haskell.nix project to build all of our Haskell code and ship it to thousands of customer assets across the globe. If you have Haskell experience and are interested in any of:

• Software defined radios
  • Digital signal processing
  • Numerical computing
  • FPGAs
  • Linux drivers/systems programming
  • Nix/Nixpkgs/NixOS
  • Dhall

please do drop me a line at travis@anduril.com, and please also submit your application to our online portal here: Job Application for Embedded Haskell Developer at Anduril Industries

To tackle a few common questions:

• Yes, Anduril is an American defense technology company. We build weapons systems for the United States and its allies.
  • This is a Haskell role. It is not a bait and switch. We are writing applications in GHC Haskell, not some homegrown Haskell-like language or some other programming language. That said, knowledge of C, Rust, or Typescript would be a valuable differentiating factor, as we often rub elbows with codebases that use these languages as well.
  • This is an on-site role at Anduril headquarters in Costa Mesa, California. Our team is building software for hardware products, so physical presence in our RF lab is often required throughout the course of software development and testing. Remote work would only be considered for candidates with something extraordinary to offer to our team.

I’d be happy to answer any other questions below.

4 Likes

where is Costa Mesa?

It’s in Orange County in Southern California, the next town northwest of Newport Beach.

I’ve been in contact with Travis in the recent past. I applied and we’ve had a chat, unfortunately it turned out they couldn’t hire me remotely, which is perfectly fine. The chat was really nice and friendly none the less. During the conversation I told Travis I knew a couple engineers who might be looking for work that they seem to be looking for, and Travis said to put them in touch. After reaching out to the engineers I emailed Travis about this and to set up a call between him and one of them. This email and the follow up got ignored, which seemed pretty flaky. That interaction makes me sceptical of recommending this as a work place. Anduril’s loss, as the person in question now works at Intel helping them put in place their brand new EUV lithography process.

2 Likes

Is this offer limited to US citizens?

1 Like

See https://old.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/1f2x743/anduril_industries_electromagnetic_warfare_team/lk9vejf/

A post was split to a new topic: Argument over Anduril Industries

A post was merged into an existing topic: Argument over Anduril Industries