[ANN] Jacinda 2.0.0.0

I have released another iteration of Jacinda, a text-processing language that lets you filter (fits in with sed + awk), handy on Unix!

I’ve rewritten the backend so it should have far fewer bugs!

11 Likes

Congratulations Vanessa!

3 Likes

Looks like a great idea to me. My main concern is that I find the language syntax not very intuitive. Maybe it is easy to pick up for those who already mastered sed and awk? But I’d like to be able to use it without going through that station. Maybe this ship has sailed but is there any chance for a more novice-friendly frontend?

2 Likes

The syntax is not really novice-friendly, I could add Latin synonyms like mapMaybe.

“APL meets Unix/Awk :)”

3 Likes

There’s no Nix packaging yet, right? Maybe I’ll do that. Seems like fun. And this seems like a great tool to learn once and use for years.

1 Like

I love jacinda, I has become second nature on small stuff for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

seems to compile on NixOS so it’ll probably work nice enough! :slight_smile: Hydra - nixpkgs:trunk:haskellPackages.jacinda.x86_64-linux

(and that helps the issue of linking to a Rust library.)

jacinda is actively being maintained in nixpkgs:

https://search.nixos.org/packages?channel=23.05&show=jacinda&from=0&size=50&sort=relevance&type=packages&query=jacinda

1 Like

:man_facepalming: that was the first place I looked but I must have missed it somehow. Great!

1 Like