2021 July release of HLS arrives! This release includes binaries for GHC 9.0.1
and some new interesting features. Here is the brief summary of changes:
- Binaries for GHC 9.0.1 are added by @anka-213.
- Call hierarchy plugin is added, contributed by @July541.
- Now completions work with definitions from non-imported modules, thanks to @pepeiborra.
- Eval plugin
- The plugin supports GHC 9.0.1, thanks to @berberman.
:infocommand is added by @akrmn.
- The plugin uses the same default language as GHCi with @fmehta’s patch.
- Wingman, where most changes owing to @isovector
- Wingman no longer changes the fixity of function definitions.
- Wingman now gives unique names to the holes it generates.
- Wingman’s ability to reason about polymorphic and GADT types is significantly improved.
- Wingman no longer suggests homomorphic destructs when the codomain is larger than the domain.
- “Complete case constructors” action supports empty lambda cases.
- Wingman now gives a warning if it ran out of gas during “attempt to fill hole”.
- Metaprogramming for Wingman has been improved with symbolic-name support and the
- An option to enable/disable Wingman’s proof state styling is added.
- Hole fit suggestions are now disabled for performance reasons when using Wingman.
- Hovering on a name displays the package where the name is defined, contributed by @berberman.