Hello, welcome to week 25 of the log!
This was a short week due to observance of Finland’s Independence Day. I focused on CI stability. My main contribution was observing and documenting a number of issues. Some were old and some were brand new.
- Test management bots were broken (possibly fixed now)
- Builds are failing consistently on new Mac devices mac1 (fixed), mac2
- lint-submods fails on master
- Some packages no longer compile with the latest GHC
- Package what4 fails in a classic case of whack-a-mole: fixing one bug created another. (This is a bug and is being fixed.)
- Packages in the test suite have begun to fail as a consequence of the Core Library Committee Proposal “Add quantified superclass to Bifunctor”. Updates were already created for the affected packages, but have to be added separately to the test suite in the intermediate time before the fixes filter down through Hackage.
I did also manage to mark two tests as “fragile”, meaning they occasionally break for reasons nobody has time to look into right now. I am attempting to catalog all fragile tests so they can be researched appropriately.
Coming up, I will continue working on Mac notarization and, of course, CI stability.