Haskell Weekly switching from Mailchimp to listmonk

10 Likes

Thank you for fronting the cost all these years!

8 Likes

Of course! Happy to do it.

In the past, I have accepted advertising as a way to offset the costs. In the future, I may no longer accept advertising since I expect my costs to be low enough. We’ll see what SES ends up costing me, and how much maintenance listmonk requires :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Aww, please do — HW is my no. 1 source of job ads.

4 Likes

Job postings will certainly remain! I just may do them for free, depending on how things shake out.

2 Likes

I have had to enable hCaptcha as an anti-spam measure.

I switched my company to SES last year and it was a great success. They are a AWS shop though, I can’t comment on the costs unfortunately because the email usage was small and the bill was miniscule compared the rest of the services.

I must confess though every time I pay for anything email related my brain always wonders if I could build something to do this myself.

1 Like

Most of the cost of self-hosting goes into getting your IPs removed from blacklists :stuck_out_tongue: Microsoft especially is quite harsh.

Oh interesting, are blank lists just a blanket ban then? I guess the email servers have no way to distinguish between random emails and something you subscribe to.

Shocking to see Microsoft trying to profit off legacy design :smile: