Dear Haskell Community,
The Our Foundation Task Force is seeking its first members! This is an opportunity to help the Haskell Foundation expand its support for the community and at the same time encourage community support for the Foundation.
In consultation with the community, this task force will develop proposals for initiatives that could widely promote goodwill and a general sense of personal ownership of, and responsibility for, the Haskell Foundation, and increase donations to the Haskell Foundation or improve the process or experience of donating.
Two particular initiatives that the Task Force will consider in the short term are:
- A community grant program, along the lines suggested by Chris
- Making it easier and more attractive for individuals to donate to the Foundation. For example, see this DIscourse thread
But that list is not intended to be exclusive.
The Task Force is led by Chris Smith and Matthias Toepp.
Who should apply?
Anyone who meets the following criteria should apply:
You should have the interest and motivation to contribute to the mission of the task force by participating in discussion in both live meetings and asynchronous discussion.
You should have enough bandwidth to attend meetings, which will happen weekly for the first month, after which a schedule for the reduction in the frequency of meetings will be voted upon. After a period of four months, meetings are expected to continue at a rate of once a month.
You should be able to contribute opinions and ideas to the task force about fundraising and other individual outreach programs.
You should be a good communicator, and be able to articulate to the task force when you will be available vs. unavailable.
We encourage any and all who satisfy these requirements to apply. We hope to build a broad sample of the community.
How can I offer to help?
- The header: “Our Foundation Task Force Election September 2021 - <your name>”.
- Why you think you’re a good fit given the above criteria.
When will membership be decided?
Please note the following dates:
- Membership submissions open: September 25, 2021
- Membership submissions close: October 24, 2021 (note: this has been extended from the original date of Oct 9)
- First meeting: ??? (TBD)
This document in PDF form: Our Foundation Task Force - Call For Membership (PDF)