Md2jira: Manage Jira Backlog In Markdown

Hello folks,

I made a jira-client library and wrote a little tool named md2jira. It’s not much, but I hope you’ll find it interesting. I gave RWS a try to handle the main logic and I think it came out nicely.

I’d be happy to publish this on Hackage if needed.

Cheers!
-Tristan

8 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you! Is there a remote chance that we can pull data from the Jira servers at some point? That would be a hard requirement for me to actually be able to use md2jira.

That’s great to hear, thank you for the kind words. In theory we could offer two way synchronizations, but how would you handle conflicts, e.g. what to do when the markdown data differs?

There is a client library at the root of the project that can list the issues, so we could at least initialize the file. Here is a tracking issue.

I’d be happy to support sub-tasks, comments and assignments, custom transitions (they are presently hardcoded for my project), wiki markup, customizations in front-matter… But I’m still validating that the core workflow is sound. Also, you can find a companion web-app that features a collaborative editor here Add a new md2jira application by TristanCacqueray · Pull Request #61 · ButlerOS/haskell-butler · GitHub