The Stability Working Group met on Monday, April 4th.
Here is a short list of things we discussed:
- Updates on the following previously discussed items/work
- The GHC.X.Hackage tech proposal
- A work in progress proposal for GHC tick-tock releases
- Refining ideas for language features to support migration
- API breakage policies
- Type variable binders in datatypes as previously discussed on discourse
- Reducing the pain of breakage
Minutes for this meeting along with past meetings, as well as the group charter can be found on our github.
As always, we want to hear ideas on enhancing transition in the face of change and see discussion around the impact of proposed changes for the community. Proposing ideas for discussion via GitHub issue is encouraged. Further, I would be happy to proxy ideas, or discuss in private, should posting on GitHub be uncomfortable for anyone.
Chair Stability Working Group