Staff Engineer at Freckle

Freckle is an education platform that allows students to practice content at their level. The platform adapts to the student, varying the difficulty of the material to keep the student practicing at a desirable level of difficulty.

We are currently looking for a Staff Engineer. Our backend services are written exclusively in Haskell, and our frontend applications are written in typed JavaScript (React & Flow, but we’re in the process of migrating to TypeScript). We’re looking for more than just technical skills, but we do expect candidates to have strong understanding of web development / HTTP protocol, professional experience in some functional programming language, SQL databases (Postgres).

The salary for the position is in the range of $200,000, but dependent on experience. Unfortunately, we are US-based only at the moment.

If interested, please reach out to me via the Haskell Discourse or at leiva (dot) steven (at) gmail (dot) com.

6 Likes

Could this be a remote position for worldwide? I live in GMT+8.

1 Like

Hi - unfortunately the position is US-based only. I apologize for not including this information in the original post. I’ll update it now.

1 Like

No problem. I understand.