I’d like to formally invite you to the Virtual Haskell Cohack, which will be running monthly beginning Saturday, July 10. Please review times and RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/NY-Haskell/events/279067287/ so that I know how many people are coming. I would need to upgrade my Zoom account if we exceed 100 people, but that would be amazing. Please make that happen!
This is an event for the Haskell community to get together and work on collaborative projects. This could mean:
- Teaching or learning Haskell
- Writing code or docs on your favorite project and introducing it to others
- Learning about other people’s projects and getting some mentorship to contribute.
- Pair programming on programming challenges like Advent of Code or Project Euler.
- Just hanging out and geeking out talking category theory or GHC profiling techniques or whatever.
The full agenda is listed at the link above, but it also includes lightning talks, which you can propose when you RSVP or just wait and volunteer to give one at the event. If you want to be sure you make it on the list, mention that you’d like to give a talk in your RSVP and you’ll get priority on the signup list.
Haskell-adjacent technologies are also welcome, so if you’d like to come hack in Elm, Idris, Agda, Coq, Ocaml, or whatever, you are welcome. The only rule we have is to be kind and welcoming to others.
Thanks, and hope to see you there.