You can download binaries for this pre-release from: Release rc/v18.104.22.168 (release candidate) · commercialhaskell/stack · GitHub .
Please test it and let us know at the Stack repository if you run into any trouble. If all goes well, we hope to release the final version in a couple of weeks.
- Further to the release notes for Stack 2.3.1, the
-staticsuffix has been removed from the statically linked Linux/x86_64 binaries.
- The binaries for Linux/Aarch64 are now statically linked.
Changes since v2.11.1:
- Build artefacts are placed in
.stack-work/dist/<platform>/<GHC_version>(hashed to a shorter path on Windows), rather than
.stack-work/dist/<platform>/<Cabal_version>. This allows build artifacts to be distinguished by GHC version.
- By default, the
stack buildprogress bar is capped to a length equal to the terminal width.
- When building GHC from source, Stack no longer uses Hadrian’s deprecated
-cflag and, instead, seeks to run GHC’s Python
configurescripts, and ensure that the
alexexecutables are on the PATH.
- When auto-detecting
--ghc-buildon Linux, the
muslGHC build only is considered a possible GHC build if
libc.musl-x86_64.so.1is found in
- No longer supports Cabal versions older than
22.214.171.124. This means projects using snapshots earlier than
nightly-2016-05-26will no longer build.
- When unregistering many packages in a single step, Stack can now do that efficiently. Stack no longer uses GHC-supplied
ghc-pkg unregister(which is, currently, slower).
- Bump to Hpack 0.35.5.
- Depend on
pantry-0.9.2, for support for long filenames and directory names in archives created by
- Avoid the duplicate resolving of usage files when parsing
*.hifiles into a set of modules and a collection of resolved usage files. See #6123.
- Add composable component type flags
ide targetscommand, to list only those components.
stack --verboseexcludes lengthy information about build plan construction in the debug output by default. The new
stack --[no-]plan-in-logflag enables or disables the inclusion of the information in the debug output.
- In YAML configuration files, the
casakey is introduced, which takes precedence over the existing
casa-repo-prefixkey. The latter is deprecated. The new key also allows Stack’s use of a Casa (content-addressable storage archive) server to be disabled and the maximum number of keys per request to be configured. The defaults are unchanged.
- Add option
buildcommand to configure the format of the progress bar, where
<format>is one of
count-only(only the package count),
capped(capped to a length equal to the terminal width) and
full(the previous format).
stack sdist --pvp-bounds lower(broken with Stack 2.9.1).
- Restore building of Stack with Cabal flag
disable-git-info(broken with Stack 2.11.1).
stack hoogle, avoid the message
Minimum version is hoogle-5.0. Found acceptable hoogle-<x.y.z> in your index, requiring its installation.when a
hoogleexecutable has already been found on the
- Stack’s sanity check on a selected GHC now passes GHC flag
-hide-all-packages, stopping GHC from looking for a package environment in default locations.
- Restore Stack script files without extensions (broken with Stack 2.11.1).