CircuitHub is hiring Haskell engineers (remote)

Hello!

I’m happy to announce that CircuitHub is looking for Haskell programmers.

CircuitHub automates the manufacturing of circuit boards to make the process much cheaper, faster and easier. We do this for companies making a wide variety of devices including the medical, industrial, and consumer tech fields.

Overview

• CircuitHub is primarily built using a combination of Haskell, Elm, Nix, and PostgreSQL, deployed to both AWS and bare metal machines. We use a significant amount of open-source technology, and also try and give back where possible (for example, both Rel8 and Fast Downward Haskell bindings).
  • CircuitHub spans a vast problem space. Challenges include computer vision (OpenCV), machine learning (PyTorch), hard optimization problems (Z3/MiniZinc), and all the normal engineering challenges of building both web-based customer-facing and internal tooling.
  • We work on manufacturing execution systems, enterprise resource planning, and robotics. An old video from Haskell Exchange 2019 hints at what we are up to on the robotics side. We have progressed significantly since then!
  • These roles are remote (any location), in-person, or hybrid, depending on preference.
  • We have offices in Boston - USA, Cambridge, and London, UK.
  • Salary depends on the candidate and location, but as guidance in the UK, a likely range is £70k to £120k and the US $130k to $230k, with additional equity.
  • CircuitHub has raised $20M from top-tier VCs and has been going for about ten years. CircuitHub is profitable, with tens of millions in revenue. Small team (CircuitHub is ~45 employees) with tremendous growth opportunity and low risk.

Team/Environment/Role

Our R&D team is ten people, with four engineers working directly on the Haskell code base. We are looking to expand the team significantly this year. We have many exciting problems to solve, from robotic path planning to more conventional web products.

We are happy to consider candidates without commercial Haskell experience, but your other skills and experience would need to compensate. A possible profile, for instance, would be a professional robotics background with some hobbyist FP experience.

Conversely, for experienced Haskellers without experience in our domain, we will look for interests that correlate with what we are trying to accomplish. Life is too short to work on something you are not passionate about!

If interested, please email one or two sentences about the most impressive thing you have built or achieved, along with some form of CV to careers@circuithub.com.

45 Likes

I just wanted to add a quick update - we’ve had a incredible response to this posting, with a huge number of responses. We’re doing our best to get back to everyone, so if you did contact us and haven’t heard anything back yet please sit tight. Thank you!

9 Likes

It was also cool to see this advert appear on the front page of Hacker News! (I guess that’s because CircuitHub is funded by Y Combinator.)

5 Likes

Hi Ollie
I’m not sure if you remember chatting with me on #haskell from back in the day.
i went under usernames fen/fog/dataN during a project i was working on to do with canonical topological datatypes, cursors and comonadic stencils based on nearest neighbour navigation, and credit card transform style bridge references that allow for infinite recursion used in expressing graphs.

I would love to work alongside you at CircuitHub and I doubt you will find a more passionate haskell programmer, with such a deft understanding of the development of the language, which i have been involved with since i started my undergrad in 2007, inspired by the first year teaching of Dr Wadler.

Let me know if you would like to take me up on this offer, and we can discuss in what capacity I can operate.

you can reach me at guyastorey@gmail.com

Guy

1 Like