DevOps Weekly Log, 2023-09-06

Hello, it’s another weekly log.

Although my roadmap is still basically the one I laid out a couple posts back, I have been ill for part of last week and working on a few little side quests for the Haskell Foundation in the remainder of the time. One of those quests is a presentation on the GHC pipeline that I will make at a Haskell meetup next week. The presentation should be publicly available some time after it’s complete. I’ll link to it once I have it.

See you next time!

P.S. Putting “Haskell Foundation” in the title like I usually do might be redundant, given that I post these to the category with the same name. I’ve dropped it, but feel free to let me know if I should keep it.

3 Likes

This is the GHC CI pipeline rather than the GHC compilation pipeline, I presume :slight_smile:

Haha, good catch. :slight_smile: Following the DevOps theme of the meetup in question, I’ll be talking about how new features of Haskell make their way from ideas to running code on a user’s computer. So in fact it’s neither the compilation pipeline nor the CI pipeline, but the “value chain” of Haskell as a whole.

The GHCHQ-to-brain pipeline, then!

2 Likes

I don’t feel I should write a weekly log yet this week, as the contents would be identical to this log. Still working on a few side quests. Everything takes longer than one expects. Deadlines loom, however, so I’ll definitely be back again soon!