Discourse Migration Tomorrow Afternoon (07/10/21 GMT)

Hi,

At some point tomorrow afternoon we will be migrating Discourse to a new host. There will be a short period where the forum is only available in Read-only mode, before the site is migrated to the new server.

Cheers,

Matt

3 Likes

Which host are you using? Are you deploying the open source distribution?

I avoided that for my own use because it seems like a lot of maintenance overhead will result, so I’ll be interested to see how that goes for you.

The migration has now been completed. Thanks to @sclv and @davean for doing most of the work.

3 Likes

My experience is that discourse has been very solid and required very little manual intervention. We are deploying the open source version on our own servers.

2 Likes

Thanks to the maintainers of this useful piece of infrastructure!

2 Likes

I think (am not sure) that the update broke the interact-by-email features (specifically: replying to a post via email, liking a post via email).

Thanks for the report on mail – looking into that!

1 Like

Ok reply by email just worked in a test. So not sure if it was fixed recently, or just took a minute to settle down, but considering this resolved.

1 Like

Let us see if this reply by email works.

I will also like your post via email to check whether that works too.

edit: super, everything works fine

Sadly I need to reopen this. I replied/liked to this post (via email) but neither the message nor the :heart: show up.

edit: it fixed itself.

This kind of stuff is why I went with a hosted solution instead of deploying the open source version. You can get it to work but there’s a maintenance burden.