LivTours is hiring a Haskell engineer

LivTours is looking for a Haskell Developer!

LivTours is a stable business providing travel experiences in 26 destinations across Europe. We are a small but growing team and we try to maintain a flexible and creative vibe.

We’re looking for a Haskell engineer to expand our team and maintain and improve our internal platform.

We care about:

• Haskell experience
  • strong functional programming fundamentals
  • ability to balance the needs of a growing company with the need to maintain a robust and correct codebase
  • interest in Domain Driven Design and software architecture
  • fluency in writing tests at various levels (unit, integration, e2e, …)

Remote work is welcome, but the IT team is based in Italy and there needs to be a good amount of overlap in the working hours.

To give you an idea of the budget we have for this role, it’s around 80k€.

Feel free to contact me privately to apply for the position and to ask further details, or, if you prefer, send your CV over to marcosh@livtours.com

19 Likes

Are you open to US (non-European applicants)?

yes, as long as working hours overlap enough (meaning that you’d probably have to work early in the day)

1 Like

I guess I’ll be the one to ask about the pay range. Seriously, it’s not that difficult to present two numbers. The lower one would be what you’d pay a desperate Haskell beginner from say Libya, the upper one what you imagine you could afford to pay a world-class expert in all your needs.

10 Likes

More countries need to enforce that as required information.

6 Likes

It is required in the EU, so some random German lawyer could already have sent a cease and desist letter :wink:

1 Like

2023/970 is a Directive, not a Regulation, so implementation is be delegated to Member States. Whole-Union compliance will happen before 7 June 2026.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s true, I missed that part.

1 Like

I added a clarification about the budget for the role. Sorry about the delay on the information, it was not the most trivial thing getting to those numbers :grinning:

If anyone has other questions regarding the role, feel free to ask me directly

5 Likes