Hello, this will be a short log. I have been moving house and had to take some time off to finalize everything. (It’s done now!) I missed the GHC issue triage meeting for the same reason, so there will be no issue summary this time.
In the time I did have, I dug into the Stackage server deployment to understand how the parts work together. There are a few components that will need to be migrated in lockstep, and I want to be careful to provide a seamless transition.
That work requires a lot of concentration, and I found myself in short supply of brainpower at the end of the week. I decided to switch to some ‘easier’ tasks, and I:
- Created a UI change for head.hackage: !343: Use term "package" · Merge requests · Glasgow Haskell Compiler / head.hackage · GitLab
- Started making diagrams for the Stackage infrastructure: Online FlowChart & Diagrams Editor - Mermaid Live Editor
- Made a modicum of progress on my patch for Ubuntu 22 bindists for the release pipeline · Issue #9359 · haskell/cabal · GitHub
In the next week, I will be continuing to focus on Stackage.
That’s all for now!
P.S. Next week’s log will be published on Tuesday, as Wednesday is a national holiday in Finland.