Haskell Foundation DevOps Weekly Update, 2022-10-26

Welcome to another installment!

In the last week, I have seen positive results of my CI improvements and made progress on some GitLab service migrations. I have:

• Opened a number of GHC tickets representing real bugs. This superhuman ability to identify bugs is brought to you by CI: I watch the nightly builds and report on failures. This works because, through my improvements, CI is better at highlighting real failures now.
  • Studied the service description for GitLab components that need to be migrated. Thanks to NixOS, this amounts to reading a handful of code files, rather than trawling through a living system and hoping I don’t miss anything important.
  • Finally recovered from my ZuriHac cold (or Covid? But I tested negative twice.)

Currently, I am still just working on the service migration. Luckily I have plenty of time, which means I can do it carefully, make the process more repeatable, and identify future work. Incidentally, the services I am migrating are:

All of these run on the same storage-optimized server, which is graciously provided by Equinix Metal (formerly known as Packet).

Coming up, I expect this migration to take another week or so. Hopefully see you on the other side of it next week.

8 Likes

Upon request, here are the issues I’ve opened in the last couple weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes