Say hello to blog.haskell.org

Hello everyone,

@Kleidukos has taken the initiative to organize a blog for core Haskell ecosystem tools/issues/tutorials/etc. I think it’s great that we’ll have a home for these projects to communicate more directly with the community.

The blog will be at https://blog.haskell.org/, and there are already a few posts to get things started.

Thanks to @Kleidukos for getting this off the ground!

Cheers!

58 Likes

If somebody has content that might suit the blog’s scope, is there a way for it to be contributed and, if so, is there a preferred form?

6 Likes

Excellent and subscribed!

2 Likes

Great initiative!

Some potential improvements to the Atom feed:

• Include author name
  • Include category and tags
  • Include full blog post

Nice start to have an Atom feed, of course :+1:

7 Likes

Good question. I think reaching out to me or @Kleidukos is the best bet for now. Best email for me is jmct@haskell.foundation I’ll let @Kleidukos respond with their preferred medium.

If the demand becomes high we will make a more formal process but for now I think just sending us an email with your idea will be sufficient.

We’ll also be reaching out to folks to see if they’re able to write up what they’re working on. But don’t wait for us to reach out if you already have an idea!

2 Likes

As a reader, I would be really interested if somebody could distil the advice at How to do user facing records in 2024 into a blog post!

8 Likes

Will there also be links to external blog posts?

1 Like

Q: have you thought about adding this to Planet Haskell?

1 Like

The aggregation of posts is the domain of a Planet. :slight_smile:
If you are interested in contributing a guest post, we can absolutely discuss it!

2 Likes

Perhaps I am thick, but where is the feed?

I am thick! Found it!

3 Likes