[Well-Typed] Announcing a free video-based Haskell introduction course

I am happy to be able to announce that starting today and continuing over the next few weeks, we are going to make the materials that our “Introduction to Haskell” course is based on available for free.

Read the full announcement here: Announcing a free video-based Haskell introduction course - Well-Typed: The Haskell Consultants

55 Likes

I’ve just released Part 3 of the course on Higher-Order Functions (mostly focusing on folds), at Part 3: Higher-Order Functions - Well-Typed: The Haskell Consultants

17 Likes

I’ve just released Part 4 of the course, on Parametric Polymorphism and Overloading: Part 4: Parametric Polymorphism and Overloading - Well-Typed: The Haskell Consultants

8 Likes

4–3 Union Types

I’m surprised this is called “Union Types” and not “Sum Types”.

1 Like

“Sum types” is perfectly fine and perhaps even the better term. I’ve chosen Union Types here because I think it conveys more intuition to someone who doesn’t already know what it is. I think it’s still accurate, even though strictly speaking one should probably insist on calling it a tagged union type.

3 Likes

I’ve just released Part 5 of the course: Part 5: IO and Explicit Effects - Well-Typed: The Haskell Consultants

8 Likes

I’ve just released Part 6 of the course, on Monads: Part 6: Monads - Well-Typed: The Haskell Consultants

This is the final part of the introduction course, so it’s completely available now. Hope you enjoy it.

9 Likes